With support from the conference’s title sponsor Sodexo, the Travel Award provides opportunities for patient advocates and members of patient representative organizations to attend the 2020 National Health Leadership Conference (NHLC) and to share their learnings. It is also hoped that the award recipient will be motivated to take on leadership roles and increase their advocacy opportunities and efforts.
Patient applicants must:
• Be involved in patient advocacy or belong to a not-for-profit, patient representative organization
• Would otherwise not have the financial means and support to travel to this conference or are not able to bill travel to their or another organization to offset the costs of participation
Requests for a Travel Award must contain:
• A brief summary of interests and accomplishments
• A description of anticipated benefits from attending NHLC 2020
Also include in Requests for a Travel Award, if applicable:
• Have patient advocacy experience and activities
• Have previously received a NHLC Travel Award
• Willing to communicate about the conference (e.g., twitter, podcast, blog, involvement in the community)
Please indicate your estimated expenses, including the following:
• Airfare, train, bus or private vehicle
• Hotel accommodation
• Taxis and/or parking
• Patient-related expenses, such as a fridge for meds, accessibility requirements, dietary restrictions
The maximum allowable Travel Award is $1,500. Award recipients must provide the NHLC Secretariat with their actual travel costs, supported with original receipts. NHLC may be unable to fund all applications for travel awards based on the number of applications submitted. All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of patient representatives, members of the conference Program and Planning Committee and the host organizations – the Canadian College of Health Leaders and HealthCareCAN.
Please send completed forms to CGalasso@healthcarecan.ca.
Deadline for applications: Friday, January 17, 2020