We are pleased to present the 2019 National Health Leadership Conference (NHLC) and welcome you to this prestigious event.
This conference is the largest national gathering of health system leaders in Canada and provides a forum for questions, debate and sharing strategies and solutions to the most pressing health system challenges. This year’s theme is Healthcare innovation: Advancing better outcomes and economic growth.
Health leaders will examine how they should prepare for a new technologically advanced and evolving medical landscape amid disruptive innovation and informed by artificial intelligence. Key issues to be examined include:
· Healthcare organizations of the future and smart healthcare centres – What can leaders do to rethink the status quo? What will hospitals look like in the future? How can leaders envision a future where hospitals integrate seamlessly with home healthcare? How can leaders adapt to the use of remote sensing capabilities, smart devices for monitoring health, and cloud data?
· Big data and predictive analytics – How can big data assist in predicting a patient’s health? How can this be done efficiently while addressing privacy concerns?
· Cybersecurity threats and patient safety risks – How should leaders prepare for threats to patient safety and privacy in a new digitized and networked landscape?
· Measuring for improvement using leadership metrics and performance measures – How can we challenge and improve the leadership status quo by harnessing data? How do we ensure that progress is continually being made and future technologies are being adapted?
· The role of healthcare organizations as economic drivers – How can healthcare drive the economy? How can innovation in the healthcare system be seen as an economic driving force? How should industry and government work together to push for improved population health outcomes?
· Personalized medicine – How can health leaders facilitate the shift to more targeted interventions and better outcomes for patients based on their unique physiology?
The conference is a pivotal opportunity for health leaders to come together to identify, examine, learn and debate the winning conditions for improving the health of all Canadians. We encourage you to foster new ideas and partnerships by sharing experiences, guiding new initiatives and discovering creative solutions to ensure a healthy future for Canada.
Paul-Émile Cloutier, MHA, M.Pol.Sc., H.H.A., President and CEO, HealthCareCAN & Alain Doucet, MBA, President and CEO, Canadian College of Health Leaders